budget savvy decor, Decor, Decorating, decorating the walls, Design, design inspiration, DIY, diy decor projects, Do it yourself decor, eco-friendly decorating, furnishings, green design, green living, Home, Home Improvement, inspired decor, Interior Design, reclaiming, recycling, repurposing, sustainable, upcycling, wall covering, wine crate decor
Wine has been traditionally delivered in wooden crates that after the wine bottles are taken out of, they are broken down and tossed into the garbage or used for firewood to be turned into ashes. Instead of sending the crates into oblivion be creative and use the wine boxes to add new excitement for the decor.
Wine crates can be repurposed into new lovely furnishings to dress the abode with.
- Wine crates are interesting in themselves printed with the wine companies names and logos, they instantly lend a country touch to the abode’s decor.
- Attach the wine crates to the wall to float as box shelves to be used for everything from displaying books and knickknacks in a living room to dishes and glasses in the kitchen.
- Stack different size wine crates in an asymmetrical fashion to create a storage bookcase.
- Use the wine boxes as drawers to be built into cubbies.
- Add decorative feet to a wine crate with it’s opening facing out. Add a cushion on top for a storage foot stool.
- Wooden or metal legs added on will turn a wine crate into an end table or tea table.
- Get the toys cleaned up by adding casters to the bottom of a wine crate and using it as a place to toss the kid’s playthings into.
- Break the wine crates up to use the sides as wall paneling or an interesting backsplash.
- Reface cabinet doors with the wood from the crates.
- A wine crates can be turned into lovely planters to decorate a garden patio.
- Need bathroom storage for towels. Roll some up to store away for easy guest access out in the open in a lovely wine crate.
Let the natural beauty of the wine crates add to the new decor. Clean them up with some natural oil or finish the crate off with a coat of clear polyurethane. For added interest leave the outside the existing rustic original wood and paint the inside a fun color or decorate the interior with a delightful wallpaper.
Stay creative and never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.