Command and organized, neat, and tidy abode. Damage free organizing!
May 7, 2012
Damage free organizing ideas for the abode: Command the best – National interior decorating | Examiner.comPosted by Carol Ruth Weber under home improvement | Tags: cleaning, command produnts, organizing, organizing solutions |
Leave a Comment
March 6, 2012
Spring is fast approaching and with it comes the cleaning frenzy. It is the time of year to get the abode organized and cleaned out from the months of hibernation. Get spring ready for the lovely days ahead when we would rather spend time relaxing in the sun than stuck inside cleaning.
Stay ahead of keeping the abode welcoming and in order without disrupting precious time.
- Start each day by sweeping and wiping down the bare floors. This will keep the dirt from getting out of control.
- Keep a broom and wet jet type mop handy to quickly clean the floor as people come and go. This will keep you ahead of the cleaning tasks.
- Have a neat space for people to remove and keep shoes as they enter the house. Have slippers available to offer visitors.
- Everyone should make their bed upon waking. Even if the rest of the room is a bit messy, the clean bed will avert the guests’ eyes.
- Towels should be neatly hung. Check that your guest towels are clean, folded, and ready.
- After bathing quickly spray and clean bathroom surfaces. You can keep the bath cleaner in the tub or shower for quick use.
- Make sure the kitchen sink is clear and clean after every meal.
- Have the kids take care of washing their own dishware and learn to clean up after their own visitors.
- Tables and countertops should be kept clear of debris. Clear off newspapers and junk mail as you read them. Do not let these items accumulate.
- Have a container for recyclables to be dropped in as they are used.
Keep your desk papers organized so your desk and surfaces stay tidy.
- Keep important papers neatly stacked in letter trays or use pretty baskets or boxes. Make a tray for each member of the household. These should be sorted through weekly so that the unnecessary items can be discarded and important items can be taken care of and filed away.
Dust as you go.
- Every day dust a different surface. It will keep your dusting time down to a minimum and you will not resent doing it.
- Have everyone in the household have their own designated surfaces to dust.
At least one day should be devoted to heavier cleaning like vacuuming and washing floors. Make sure that everyone takes turns doing these chores.
If you would like, make a check list that everyone can check off as each task is completed.
With some simple planning and doing you will not even realize that you are spending any time cleaning. Relax soaking in the sunshine and smelling the flowers of the spring season. Enjoy the fun days that come with the warmer weather and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design advice!