bathroom designing, budget savvy decor, ceramic tile, Decor, Decorating, decorating the walls, decorative painting, Design, diy decor projects, DIY painted tile, Do it yourself decor, Home, home design, Home Improvement, inspired decor, Interior Design, painted tile, painting, tile mural, wall art
As the economy plays hides and seek, it is the time to find more creative ways to pick up the abode’s décor without breaking your budget. Surfing the beautiful décor magazines, there are so many images of beautiful décor that most can only dream of.
When browsing the wonderful designs see if you can pick one element that you can apply to your own home by being creative.
Looking at many designer kitchens the eye is often drawn to the custom tile backsplashes with artistically painted tiles with beautiful patterns and murals.
Be adventurous, and inventive, and paint your own custom tile backsplash.
- If you have a tile backsplash already installed you can add some color and excitement.
- If you are updating by installing new tile you can create your own piece of art to be admired.
Your tile surfaces must be properly cleaned and prepared.
- For tile that is already installed make sure to deep clean the ceramic tile and grout.
- Remove all residues of any dirt, oil, wax, grease, mold, etc.
- A good bathroom cleaner with a mild abrasive is great to start the cleaning process. You will want to wash down the tile after to remove any of the cleaner residues as well.
- Dry the tiles well before painting.
- Very glossy tile might need to be sanded slightly so the paint will adhere better.
There are two basic methods for painting ceramic tile
The air dry method is used for tile that is already installed.
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Paint is very durable air dry paint for glass, tile, ceramics, and metal. No baking is required to achieve beautiful hand painted looks.
- Semi-gloss or high gloss paint works well on tile. To dilute very thick paint use a very small amount of paint thinner. Let dry for 48 hours and finish using a ceramic tile clear coat sealer. Select matte, semi-gloss or glossy finish to match the standard finish of similar field tiles. The sealer should protect the painted design.
The heat set method is for painting tile that is not yet installed.
- “Liquitex Glossiesare waterbased acrylic enamels that are formulated for use on slick non porous materials such as glass, tile, ceramics, stoneware, china, enamelware, primed metal, wood and other non-oily surfaces. Heat-set colors dry to a scratch resistant, high gloss finish “
Create the design
- Use a pencil or charcoal to draw a design on the tiles.
- Copy a pattern that you like on each tile for an overall pattern.
- Use a stencil to make a centerpiece pattern.
- Use a grid pattern to create a tile mural copied from a favorite painting.
- Let your artistic inner being flow and draw free hand a design to be painted.
A new alternative to create a design and color tile
Sharpienow has a permanent oil-based paint marker.
- Marks opaque and glossy on light and dark surfaces
- Use on virtually any surface: metal, pottery, wood, rubber, glass, plastic, stone, and more – Quick-drying. Resistant to water, fading, and abrasion
- Fine, medium, and bold points
- Available in 15 vibrant colors for light and dark surfaces
You will be amazed at the beauty of your new work of art. Show off your new décor and be proud. Never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design advice!